Huawei Optimization Tournament
Algotester together with Huawei announces the Huawei Optimization Tournament 2021! The tournament consists of multiple rounds approximately one week long each. In every round, individual participants will face a single optimization problem and the top performers will be awarded round prizes. When all rounds are over, the tournament winners will be determined based on the scoring system. The top three of them will receive a grand tournament prize, MateBook X Pro laptop.
Round 3 will take place between October 9-17 and the registration will be open until the end of the round. The round prizes are:
- Winner: HUAWEI P40 Pro
- Runner-up: HUAWEI WATCH 3
- Third place: HUAWEI MatePad
- Jury Prize: HUAWEI FreeBuds 3
Provisional results are listed in the next section. The final testing should be completed within two weeks.
Round 3: Provisional Leaderboard
Tournament Scoring and Prizes
For each round top 10 competitors with positive score will receive tournament points according to the following distribution:
- 1-st place: 25 points
- 2-nd place: 18 points
- 3-rd place: 15 points
- 4-th place: 12 points
- 5-th place: 10 points
- 6-th place: 8 points
- 7-th place: 6 points
- 8-th place: 4 points
- 9-th place: 2 points
- 10-th place: 1 point
- The final tournament leaderboard will be determined based on a participant's total points.
- If two or more participants have the same number of points, a tie-breaker system is used. The one with the most wins is ranked higher. If the number of wins is the same, it goes to the one with the most second places and so on.
- To receive a tournament prize, upon request, a winner has to provide organizers with a short video for marketing purposes.
- Emails with detailed instructions will be sent to tournament prize winners.
Round 3 Terms and Conditions
Your agreement to these terms and conditions
- 1.1 By registering for the competition, you accept these terms and conditions.
- 1.2 In these terms and conditions where we refer to the ‘Participant‘, we mean either an individual that has registered to enter the competition on its behalf.
- 2.1 The competition aims to motivate research of Algorithmic Programming. It is run by Algotester (the "Organiser"), and the competition is sponsored by Huawei (the "Sponsor").
3.1 To be eligible to enter the competition, all Participants must
- 3.1.1 have an email address through which the Organiser can communicate with the Participant in connection with the competition;
- 3.1.2 be solely responsible for creating the competition submission.
- 3.2 Other than the requirements set out in clause 3.1 above, there is no restriction on the nationality or residence status of any such Participants.
- 3.3 The Organiser’s employees, the employees of any company who are or were involved in creating or implementing the competition and their respective immediate family members, are excluded from participating in the competition.
- 3.4 In entering the competition, Participants confirm that they are eligible to do so and acknowledge that they may be required to provide proof of their eligibility to enter. The Organiser reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all Participants and to disqualify anyone who it determines (at its sole discretion) are not eligible. The Organiser also reserves the right to disqualify Participants if their conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the competition or they are in breach of any of these conditions.
- 3.5 Participation in the competition is free of charge and does not require the purchase of goods or services.
- 3.1 To be eligible to enter the competition, all Participants must
How to enter
- 4.1 The competition registration opens on 16-th September 2021. The Competition itself commences on October 9-th 2021 and ends at midnight on 17-th October 2021 (the "Deadline"). Any competition submission after the Deadline will be automatically rejected.
- 4.2 Participants can use any of the competition programming languages they wish. However, any cheating is not permitted and any such entries will be disqualified.
- 4.3 Participants are permitted to submit a maximum of one entry per 10 minutes only to the competition.
- 4.4 The Organiser and Sponsor accept no responsibility for incomplete, incorrect, lost, or delayed entries to the competition regardless of cause, including, for example, any malfunctions or failures in the Evaluation System, any equipment failure, technical malfunction or systems, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
Determination and notification of winners
- 5.1 The final ranking and the competition winners will be announced until midnight on 24-th October 2021.
6.1 The competition prizes are as listed below:
- First prize: Huawei P40 Pro.
- Second prize: Huawei Watch 3.
- Third prize: Huawei MatePad.
- Jury prize: Huawei FreeBuds 3 can be awarded to one contestant based on the Jury's decision.
- 6.2 The winners will be responsible for any taxes or charges incurred in claiming their respective prizes.
- 6.3 The Organiser or Sponsor shall not be responsible or accept any liability in respect of the inability of a winner to take up a prize.
- 6.4 Prizes are subject to availability and the Organiser reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Organiser’s control make it necessary to do so.
- 6.5 The prize is not negotiable. Exchange of a prize or their transfer to other persons is excluded.
- 6.1 The competition prizes are as listed below:
Rights of Use
- 7.1 The Participant acknowledges that the Organiser and Sponsor’s Material is owned by the Organiser and Sponsor and that the Participant is only permitted to use, for the duration of the Competition only, the Organiser and Sponsor’s Material to test and submit entries to the competition.
- 7.2 The Participants agree to keep the Organiser and Sponsor’s Material confidential and shall not disclose them to any other individual or entity.
- 7.3 The Organiser acknowledges that the code created and used by the Participants submitted as a competition entry (the "Code") is owned by the submitting Participants.
- 7.4 The Participants warrant that the Code will not infringe any third party rights, including copyright and other intellectual property rights (e. g. patents, trademarks, design rights, know-how, etc.) and that the Participants have the right to grant a license to the Organiser and Sponsor under clause 7.5.
- 7.5 The Participants hereby grant the Organiser and Sponsor a non-exclusive limited right to access and create copies of the Code, to evaluate that the submission to enter the competition is valid and that it otherwise complies with these conditions.
- 7.6 The Participants hereby agree to give the Sponsor, for 1 year from the date submitted its Code by the Participants on the Evaluation System, the exclusive right of first refusal to exploit the Code, on such terms as the Sponsor and the Participants may agree separately in writing.
- 7.7 If the Sponsor and the Participants cannot agree on terms in connection with the Code within 3 months of the Sponsor first notifying the Participant that it would like to exploit the Code, then the Participants will be entitled to enter into negotiations and conclude an agreement with any third party with a view to such third party acquiring those rights provided that the Participants will not agree on terms with any third party that is less favorable to the Participants than those which were proposed by the Sponsor.
Limitation of Liability
- 8.1 Insofar as is permitted by law, the Organiser and the Sponsor, and its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate a winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury, or death occurring as a result of taking up a prize except where it is caused by the intentional behavior of the Organiser or Sponsor, and its agents or distributors or that of their employees. A winner‘s statutory rights are not affected.
- 8.2 Participants acknowledge that the Organiser accepts no responsibility for any communications exchanged between Participants.
Data Protection and publicity
- 9.1 By entering into this competition, the Participants agree to provide their personal information which will be used and disclosed by the Organiser and its authorized agents for competition administration and prize fulfillment.
- 9.2 Winners agree that the Organiser can use their name and photograph in promotional material in all formats worldwide, to publicize the winners of the competition, without any need or obligation to recompenses the Participants accordingly.
- 10.1 In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Organiser or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or technical) affects or could affect the proper operation of this competition or the awarding of prizes, the Organiser reserves the right to cancel or amend these conditions at any stage of this competition but will endeavor to minimize the effect to Participants to avoid undue disappointment.
- 10.3 These terms and conditions shall be governed by Ukrainian law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Ukraine.
Round 3 Contestant Instructions
How to compete in Round 3
- If you don't have an account at Algotester, go ahead and create one.
- Sign in using your username (or email address) and password.
- If you are new to Algotester go through our Help section to understand how the system works.
- Follow this link to register for Round 3.
- When the round starts read the problem description.
- For a quick start, check sample solutions for available programming languages: C++, Java, C#, and Python.
- When ready submit your source code file or paste it into the embedded editor.
- All your attempts will be available on your contest submissions page.
- For announcements and Q&A go to the contest clarification page or use the contact form.
- The provisional competitor standings will be available to the public on the contest standings page.
- Read the problem description "Scoring" section for details on your submission evaluation.
- At your submissions page click a "Submission ID" link on the right and then go to the "Results" tab to see its details for each of the test cases.
- A test case result "Accepted" means that your solution has produced a valid output for this test case and received a corresponding score value, otherwise it failed to produce a valid solution within the given constraints.
- Your overall result is the maximum score of all your submissions and your penalty is the time elapsed since the contest start until you have recently improved your score.
- All competitors are sorted by the overall score (from larger to smaller) and then by the penalty time (from smaller to larger).
- When the contest is over the final testing will be triggered.
- The final results will be published within a week after the round end.
- When the final results are published the top three eligible competitors can claim their prizes. Additionaly one extra prize can be awarder to a contestant according to the Jury's decision.
- To receive a prize, a winner has to provide a written report describing algorithms and data structures used in their solution.
- A notification email with detailed instructions will be sent to each of the winners.
Round 2 Final Results
|1||Yevhen Zadorozhnii||Professional||Ukraine||484 710 883||4 859 642 109||262:46:23|
|2||Kostiantyn Lutsenko||University||Ukraine||484 710 883||4 859 641 571||262:24:54|
|3||Max Kovalchuk||University||Ukraine||484 708 657||4 859 608 881||263:02:28|
|4||Aleksey Ulyanov||University||Belarus||484 703 113||4 859 495 276||236:21:17|
|5||Philippe Ribet||Professional||France||484 687 509||4 859 394 046||263:57:43|
|6||Daria Gnedko||School||Belarus||484 681 840||4 859 355 978||263:15:38|
|7||Andrei Arhire||University||Romania||484 689 657||4 859 330 468||230:33:42|
|8||Chirath Nirodha||School||Sri Lanka||484 641 256||4 858 824 243||255:15:52|
|9||Богдан Пастущак||Professional||Ukraine||484 634 148||4 858 445 671||237:59:25|
|10||Pavel Bovbel||School||Belarus||484 636 694||4 858 417 212||251:21:57|
|11||Sithija Abhishek||School||Sri Lanka||484 613 038||4 858 374 012||260:30:02|
|12||Nika Jimsheleishvili||Professional||Georgia||484 621 657||4 858 222 959||62:50:15|
|13||Mingyang Deng||School||China||484 540 213||4 857 940 434||204:24:48|
|14||Blagojce Pavleski||School||North Macedonia||484 550 088||4 857 402 070||258:25:31|
|15||Олег-Андрій Жук||University||Ukraine||484 358 230||4 857 289 184||263:10:19|
|16||Мирослав Артюх||School||Ukraine||484 152 523||4 853 944 284||206:18:07|
|17||Daniil Polihach||Professional||Ukraine||484 210 634||4 853 626 655||263:49:15|
|18||Kostiantyn Denysov||University||Ukraine||483 835 955||4 850 314 626||87:24:04|
|19||Роман Деркач||University||Ukraine||483 535 096||4 845 914 703||251:38:49|
|20||Юрій Салаш||School||Ukraine||482 612 840||4 834 923 983||22:25:54|
|21||Tingqiang Xu||School||China||482 588 509||4 833 900 488||181:35:19|
|22||Yufan Xiang||School||China||482 190 420||4 829 460 595||182:52:55|
|23||Богдан Чайка||School||Ukraine||480 732 212||4 817 285 464||68:01:56|
|24||Yusi Chen||School||China||481 071 070||4 816 399 402||183:12:10|
|25||Peter Mudrievskij||Professional||Ukraine||479 496 603||4 798 394 106||263:53:30|
|26||James Sng||School||Singapore||473 281 160||4 745 655 474||84:37:04|
|27||Jan Strzeszyński||School||Poland||477 247 884||4 733 845 804||164:07:41|
|28||Lim Rui Yuan||School||Singapore||468 605 775||4 687 888 725||63:35:25|
|29||Bohdan Chikh||University||Ukraine||462 308 226||4 620 320 478||62:59:45|
|30||Rama Aryasuta Pangestu||University||Indonesia||451 076 215||4 503 750 050||60:52:37|
|31||Melih AKPINAR||University||Turkey||444 372 589||4 420 606 306||93:29:36|
|32||Iulian Oleniuc||University||Romania||393 399 824||3 945 824 818||83:48:16|
|33||Руслан Слота||School||Ukraine||393 406 325||3 939 205 260||12:09:21|
|34||Adithya Narasinghe||University||Sri Lanka||393 406 325||3 939 205 260||22:14:32|
|35||Sasha Kryklyvets||University||Ukraine||393 406 325||3 939 205 260||40:14:27|
|36||Luna Frankie||School||Singapore||393 406 325||3 939 205 260||65:37:29|
|37||Yue Chen Li||School||Singapore||393 406 325||3 939 205 260||77:34:03|
|38||Tan Si Jie||School||Singapore||393 406 325||3 939 205 260||77:57:43|
|39||Atakan Yaşar||University||Turkey||393 406 325||3 939 205 260||93:22:55|
Round 3 Provisional Results
The Round 3 provisional results are listed below.
|1||Kostiantyn Lutsenko||University||Ukraine||291 554 000||156:28:24|
|2||Yevhen Zadorozhnii||Professional||Ukraine||291 554 000||179:10:09|
|3||Rahim Mammadli||Professional||Azerbaijan||291 554 000||187:12:02|
|4||Max Kovalchuk||University||Ukraine||291 554 000||188:32:37|
|5||Peter Mudrievskij||Professional||Ukraine||291 554 000||190:00:17|
|6||Daria Gnedko||School||Belarus||291 554 000||190:50:49|
|7||Philippe Ribet||Professional||France||291 553 901||186:24:11|
|8||Sithija Abhishek||School||Sri Lanka||291 553 901||187:59:35|
|9||Роман Деркач||Professional||Ukraine||291 553 360||164:36:09|
|10||Artem Naumovych||University||Ukraine||291 553 027||209:24:50|
|11||Pavel Bovbel||University||Russia||291 551 517||144:28:00|
|12||Богдан Пастущак||Professional||Ukraine||291 548 706||136:20:39|
|13||Aleksey Ulyanov||University||Belarus||291 548 268||155:16:33|
|14||Chirath Nirodha||School||Sri Lanka||291 548 096||34:52:33|
|15||Yevhenii Azarov||University||Ukraine||291 545 188||146:32:17|
|16||Illia Bovrtiuk||University||Ukraine||291 544 287||73:41:10|
|17||Aleksandre Khokhiashvili||University||Georgia||291 530 908||142:33:15|
|18||Богдан Вей||University||Ukraine||291 530 430||193:39:56|
|19||Sebastian-Stefan Jiglau||School||Romania||291 291 464||41:50:57|
|20||Василь Проців||University||Ukraine||291 257 653||62:38:45|
|21||Klim Severin||University||Belarus||291 254 000||214:16:17|
|22||Sola Stunfell||School||Vietnam||291 233 733||153:02:11|
|23||Мирослав Артюх||School||Ukraine||291 177 507||200:49:52|
|24||Danylo Melnyk||University||Ukraine||291 136 104||159:52:50|
|25||Rüzgar Ayan||University||Turkey||291 106 963||15:58:37|
|26||Shenal Kotuwewatta||University||United States of America||291 091 733||153:17:20|
|27||Raluca Panaite||School||Romania||291 067 320||17:14:32|
|28||Benjy Smith||School||New Zealand||291 050 264||32:41:32|
|29||Богдан Бурда||University||Ukraine||291 044 543||2:48:55|
|30||Andrey Stolitnii||School||Ukraine||290 965 762||44:56:21|
|31||Oleg Yasniy||Professional||Ukraine||290 941 964||164:36:23|
|32||Cyrille Priou||Professional||France||290 853 566||189:50:04|
|33||Iulian Oleniuc||University||Romania||290 777 146||18:34:42|
|34||tianfan peng||University||China||290 749 958||31:05:31|
|35||Bogdan Pătruț||School||Romania||290 730 001||17:53:53|
|36||Юра Сурняк||School||Ukraine||290 524 308||10:17:08|
|37||Руслан Слота||School||Ukraine||290 524 308||132:32:23|
|38||Alex P||Professional||Ukraine||290 524 308||215:35:44|
|39||Sergey Cheremshinsly||University||Ukraine||257 060 258||79:37:54|
|40||Богдан Чайка||University||Ukraine||11 607 567||46:01:53|