VM Scheduling Contest
VM Scheduling Contest
Algotester together with Huawei announces the VM Scheduling Contest! In this challenge, individual participants will face an optimization problem and after two weeks long battle the top performers will be awarded with cool prizes:
- Winner: MateBook D15
- Runner-up: Smartphone P40
- 3-rd place: MatePad Pro
- Prix du Jury: special prize for a contestant of the Jury choice
The final testing is over. Congratulations to the winners! Prix du Jury goes to Max Kovalchuk!
|1||Lucian Bicsi||Bucharest U||493 050 008||4 942 823 853||332:46:44|
|2||Богдан Пастущак||Ivan Franko Lviv NU||492 435 825||4 938 281 594||327:48:15|
|3||Peter Mudrievskij||Other School||492 102 327||4 932 091 256||191:33:01|
|4||Danylo🏋️♂️ Mocherniuk🏋️♂️||Ivan Franko Lviv NU||491 584 520||4 931 724 224||334:28:25|
|5||Max Kovalchuk||Taras Shevchenko Kyiv NU||491 310 445||4 926 771 679||334:45:02|
|6||Максим Щерба||Ivan Franko Lviv NU||488 261 090||4 909 970 297||335:11:50|
|7||Петро Тарнавський||Ivan Franko Lviv NU||487 814 592||4 904 381 700||70:21:34|
|8||Vladislav Agafonov||Professional||481 682 251||4 828 623 861||205:54:34|
|9||Vlad Zavodnik||Taras Shevchenko Kyiv NU||481 752 955||4 827 308 180||58:13:59|
|10||Artem Naumovych||Taras Shevchenko Kyiv NU||481 377 187||4 825 879 951||73:57:57|
|11||Yulian Yarema 😅🔫||Professional||480 790 969||4 819 798 339||173:36:34|
|12||Василь Проців||Ivan Franko Lviv NU||480 387 009||4 814 624 214||115:13:11|
|13||Kostiantyn Denysov||Taras Shevchenko Kyiv NU||479 765 427||4 808 544 987||40:08:47|
|14||Олег Фоменко||Taras Shevchenko Kyiv NU||481 537 160||4 802 518 398||208:42:44|
|15||Bohdan Chikh||Ivan Franko Lviv NU||479 074 556||4 800 696 179||130:27:17|
|16||Illya Koval||Other School||479 112 620||4 799 749 902||138:38:26|
|17||Vlad Duta||Professional||478 430 429||4 794 152 082||153:34:02|
|18||Andrei Arhire||Alexandru Ioan Cuza U||474 052 393||4 750 452 275||330:00:16|
|19||Dima Misko||NU Odesa Polytechnic||471 395 527||4 726 162 369||258:54:45|
|20||Matvey Aslandukov||Kharkiv NU of Radio Electronics||453 748 456||4 504 595 571||301:32:31|
|21||Kostiantyn Lutsenko||Taras Shevchenko Kyiv NU||72 752 941||712 486 101||16:08:11|
|22||Oleg Vallas||Kharkiv NU of Radio Electronics||72 752 941||712 486 101||257:21:06|
|23||Дмитро Гринишин||Ivan Franko Lviv NU||72 752 941||712 486 101||261:10:11|
|24||Роман Деркач||Other School||10 000 000||47 984 125||318:09:02|
|25||Alexandra Nicola||Craiova U||10 000 000||10 000 000||132:24:52|
|26||Olex Medyakov||Other School||10 000 000||10 000 000||189:42:51|
|27||Iulian Oleniuc||Alexandru Ioan Cuza U||5 000 000||6 303 415||206:34:55|
|28-29||Illya Krivovyaz||Other School||0||0||0:00:00|
|28-29||Oguzhan Ozcelik||Bilkent U||0||0||0:00:00|
How to compete
- If you don't have an account at Algotester, go ahead and create one.
- Sign in using your username (or email address) and password.
- If you are new to Algotester go through our Help section in order to understand how the system works.
- Follow this link to register for the VM Scheduling Contest, then select your contestant category (your school or "Professional") and click the "Register" button.
- When the contest starts read the problem description.
- For a quick start, check sample solutions for available programming languages: C++, Java, C#, Pascal, Python and F#.
- When ready submit your source code file or paste it into the embedded editor.
- All your attempts will be available on your contest submissions page.
- For announcements and Q&A go to the contest clarification page or use the contact form.
- The provisional competitor standings will be available to the public at the contest standings page.
- Read the problem description "Scoring" section for details on your submission evaluation.
- At your submissions page click a "Submission ID" link on the right and then go to the "Results" tab to see its details for each of the test cases.
- A test case result "Accepted" means that your solution has produced a valid output for this test case and received a corresponding score value, otherwise it failed to produce a valid solution within the given constraints.
- Your overall result is the maximum score of all your submissions and your penalty is the time elapsed since the contest start until you have recently improved your score.
- All competitors are sorted by the overall score (from larger to smaller) and then by the penalty time (from smaller to larger).
- When the contest is over the final testing will be triggered.
- The final results will be published within two weeks after the contest end.
- When the final results are published the top three eligible competitors can claim their prizes. Additionaly one extra prize can be awarder to a contestant according to the Jury's decision.
- In order to receive a prize, a winner has to provide a written report describing algorithms and data structures used in their solution.
- A notification email with detailed instructions will be sent to each of the winners.
Terms and Conditions
Your agreement to these terms and conditions
- 1.1 By registering for the competition, you accept these terms and conditions.
- 1.2 In these terms and conditions where we refer to the ‘Participant‘, we mean either an individual that has registered to enter the competition on its own behalf.
- 2.1 The competition aims to motivate research of Algorithmic Programming. It is run by Algotester (the "Organiser"), and the competition is sponsored by Huawei (the "Sponsor").
3.1 To be eligible to enter the competition, all Participants must
- 3.1.1 have an email address through which the Organiser can communicate with the Participant in connection with the competition;
- 3.1.2 be solely responsible for creating the competition submission.
- 3.2 Other than the requirements set out in clause 3.1 above, there is no restriction in nationality or residence status of any such Participants.
- 3.3 The Organiser’s employees, the employees of any company who are or were involved in creating or implementing the competition and their respective immediate family members, are excluded from participating in the competition.
- 3.4 In entering the competition, Participants confirm that they are eligible to do so and acknowledge that they may be required to provide proof of their eligibility to enter. The Organiser reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all Participants and to disqualify anyone who it determines (at its sole discretion) are not eligible. The Organiser also reserves the right to disqualify Participants if their conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the competition or they are in breach of any of these conditions.
- 3.5 Participation in the competition is free of charge and does not require the purchase of goods or services.
- 3.1 To be eligible to enter the competition, all Participants must
How to enter
- 4.1 The competition registration opens on 22-nd September 2020. The Competition itself commences on September 28-th 2020 and ends at midnight on 11-th October 2020 (the "Deadline"). Any competition submission after the Deadline will be automatically rejected.
- 4.2 Participants can use any of the competition programming languages they wish. However, any cheating is not permitted and any such entries will be disqualified.
- 4.3 Participants are permitted to submit a maximum one entry per 30 minutes only to the competition.
- 4.4 The Organiser and Sponsor accept no responsibility for incomplete, incorrect, lost or delayed entries to the competition regardless of cause, including, for example, any malfunctions or failures in the Evaluation System, any equipment failure, technical malfunction or systems, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
Determination and notification of winners
- 5.1 The final ranking and the competition winners will be announced until midnight on 25-th October 2020.
6.1 The competition prizes are as listed below:
- First prize: Huawei MateBook D15.
- Second prize: Huawei P40.
- Third prize: Huawei MatePad Pro.
- Prix du Jury: a special prize can be awarded to one contestant based on the Jury's decision.
- 6.2 The winners will be responsible for any taxes or charges incurred in claiming their respective prize.
- 6.3 The Organiser or Sponsor shall not be responsible or accept any liability in respect of the inability of a winner to take up a prize.
- 6.4 Prizes are subject to availability and the Organiser reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Organiser’s control make it necessary to do so.
- 6.5 The prize is not negotiable. Exchange of a prize or their transfer to other persons is excluded.
- 6.1 The competition prizes are as listed below:
Rights of Use
- 7.1 The Participant acknowledges that the Organiser and Sponsor’s Material is owned by the Organiser and Sponsor and that the Participant is only permitted to use, for the duration of the Competition only, the Organiser and Sponsor’s Material in order to test and submit entries to the competition.
- 7.2 The Participants agree to keep the Organiser and Sponsor’s Material confidential and shall not disclose them to any other individual or entity.
- 7.3 The Organiser acknowledges that the code created and used by the Participants submitted as a competition entry (the "Code") is owned by the submitting Participants.
- 7.4 The Participants warrant that the Code will not infringe any third party rights, including copyright and other intellectual property rights (e. g. patents, trademarks, design rights, know-how etc.) and that the Participants have the right to grant a license to the Organiser and Sponsor in accordance with clause 7.5.
- 7.5 The Participants hereby grant the Organiser and Sponsor a non-exclusive limited right to access and create copies of the Code, for the purpose of evaluating that the submission to enter the competition is valid and that it otherwise complies with these conditions.
- 7.6 The Participants hereby agree to give the Sponsor, for a period of 1 year from the date submitted its Code by the Participants on the Evaluation System, the exclusive right of first refusal to exploit the Code, on such terms as the Sponsor and the Participants may agree separately in writing.
- 7.7 If the Sponsor and the Participants cannot agree terms in connection with the Code within 3 months of the Sponsor first notifying the Participant that it would like to exploit the Code, then the Participants will be entitled to enter into negotiations and conclude an agreement with any third party with a view to such third party acquiring those rights provided that the Participants will not agree terms with any third party that are less favourable to the Participants than those which were proposed by the Sponsor.
Limitation of Liability
- 8.1 Insofar as is permitted by law, the Organiser and the Sponsor, and its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate a winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up a prize except where it is caused by the intentional behaviour of the Organiser or Sponsor, and its agents or distributors or that of their employees. A winner‘s statutory rights are not affected.
- 8.2 Participants acknowledge that the Organiser accepts no responsibility for any communications exchanged between Participants.
Data Protection and publicity
- 9.1 By entering into this competition, the Participants agree to provide their personal information which will be used and disclosed by the Organiser and its authorized agents for the purposes of competition administration and prize fulfilment.
- 9.2 Winners agree that the Organiser can use their name and photograph in promotional material in all formats worldwide, to publicise the winners of the competition, without any need or obligation to recompenses the Participants accordingly.
- 10.1 In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Organiser or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or technical) affects or could affect the proper operation of this competition or the awarding of prizes, the Organiser reserves the right to cancel or amend these conditions at any stage of this competition, but will endeavor to minimise the effect to Participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
- 10.3 These terms and conditions shall be governed by Ukrainian law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Ukraine.