Grid Compression Contest
Grid Compression Contest
Algotester together with Huawei announces the Grid Compression Contest! In this challenge, individual participants will face an optimization problem and after two weeks long battle the top performers will be awarded with cool prizes:
The final testing is over. Congratulations to the winners!
|1||Peter Mudrievskij||Other School||569 854 184||5 685 127 339||312:24:12|
|2||Богдан Пастущак||Ivan Franko Lviv NU||570 044 290||5 684 837 410||333:43:20|
|3||Oleg Vallas||Kharkiv NU of Radio Electronics||569 791 396||5 683 578 788||324:55:11|
|4||Danylo🏋️♂️ Mocherniuk🏋️♂️||Ivan Franko Lviv NU||570 032 494||5 678 537 537||187:00:09|
|5||Max Kovalchuk||Taras Shevchenko Kyiv NU||568 761 729||5 671 340 820||308:57:05|
|6||Kostiantyn Lutsenko||Taras Shevchenko Kyiv NU||565 381 818||5 632 361 131||216:53:31|
|7||Yevhen Zadorozhnii||Professional||563 706 211||5 626 400 248||299:49:17|
|8||Василь Проців||Ivan Franko Lviv NU||563 933 769||5 623 775 965||146:08:25|
|9||Yulian Yarema 😅🔫||Professional||563 787 729||5 613 773 343||315:26:26|
|10||Максим Щерба||Ivan Franko Lviv NU||561 694 251||5 593 529 079||283:11:17|
|11||Matvey Aslandukov||Kharkiv NU of Radio Electronics||560 470 677||5 583 696 971||334:52:37|
|12||Viktoriia Kovalova||Vasyl Karazin Kharkiv NU||558 468 718||5 560 917 260||188:38:56|
|13||Yevhen Nasonov||Kharkiv NU of Radio Electronics||556 037 177||5 536 623 215||252:54:23|
|14||Богдан Дума||Ivan Franko Lviv NU||555 395 059||5 522 264 292||67:48:30|
|15||Roman Bilyi||Professional||551 554 413||5 499 870 426||326:02:14|
|16||Illya Koval||Other School||551 827 889||5 462 007 463||41:09:24|
|17||Artur Kravtsov||Other School||548 023 471||5 452 874 126||23:38:02|
|18||Yehor Panchenko||NTU Kyiv Polytechnic Institute||545 400 014||5 430 717 943||40:52:54|
|19||Danya Smelskiy||Taras Shevchenko Kyiv NU||545 133 018||5 430 198 144||70:19:14|
|20||Юрій Калічун||Ivan Franko Lviv NU||547 526 661||5 423 403 994||146:09:51|
|21||Vladyslav Mats||NTU Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute||552 661 853||5 422 553 117||118:29:05|
|22||Andrii Medvid||Professional||544 180 182||5 417 386 256||191:30:11|
|23||Kostiantyn Denysov||Other School||544 545 205||5 414 730 820||14:33:15|
|24||Олексій Білик||Taras Shevchenko Kyiv NU||542 894 444||5 412 941 250||289:59:53|
|25||Roman Gultaichuk||NU Lviv Polytechnic||542 767 411||5 401 005 047||335:58:11|
|26||Vlad Zavodnik||Other School||546 338 028||5 366 140 568||40:31:33|
|27||Тарас Паничок||Professional||548 175 750||5 335 006 966||88:22:20|
|28||Andrew Orap||Other School||537 116 116||5 331 226 940||17:19:41|
|29||Oleh111 Oleh111||Other School||546 739 850||5 328 291 460||303:16:40|
|30||Dmytro Balaban||NU Odesa Polytechnic||520 643 836||5 243 783 452||279:27:56|
|31||Bogdan Evtushenko||Other School||520 589 027||5 237 393 602||114:54:58|
|32||Alex Ermolaev||Other School||522 546 709||5 182 715 379||73:25:29|
|33||Bohdan Chikh||Ivan Franko Lviv NU||518 586 656||5 149 233 236||306:02:41|
|34||Jasper Verelst||Professional||511 408 315||5 084 215 105||324:51:02|
|35||Петро Тарнавський||Ivan Franko Lviv NU||510 931 943||5 070 583 198||14:07:00|
|36||Boris Varer||Vasyl Stus Donetsk NU||505 029 744||4 999 775 800||333:24:30|
|37||myrozavr zavr||Other School||506 257 118||4 987 399 090||97:27:12|
|38||Illya Krivovyaz||Uzhhorod NU||505 682 796||4 982 994 352||136:37:12|
|39||Родіон Назаров||Other School||499 596 095||4 948 795 424||302:59:30|
|40||Олександр Дрюк||Kharkiv NU of Radio Electronics||493 981 004||4 907 393 218||324:59:04|
|41||Viacheslav Ocheretnyi||Taras Shevchenko Kyiv NU||494 235 729||4 880 825 091||72:32:59|
|42||Denys Smirnov||Vasyl Karazin Kharkiv NU||468 272 356||4 659 027 805||305:11:10|
|43||Heorhii Ambartsumov||Other School||467 425 490||4 640 633 450||36:13:21|
|44||Valery Kameko||Other School||474 202 990||4 620 371 152||328:41:27|
|45||Dima Misko||NU Odesa Polytechnic||463 734 836||4 592 925 169||86:07:19|
|46||Max Tropets||Professional||461 808 160||4 579 428 731||117:52:54|
|47||Артем Фомюк||Other School||460 464 733||4 569 932 661||311:46:52|
|48||Роман Деркач||Other School||428 523 892||4 129 409 535||44:47:16|
|49||Максим Молдован||Other School||406 842 171||3 984 008 580||3:59:56|
|50||Bohdan Zadorozhnyi||Other School||194 971 457||1 793 178 917||142:17:33|
|51||Nikita Sydorenko||Taras Shevchenko Kyiv NU||169 625 329||1 677 984 703||141:44:39|
|52||Teodor Rehusevych||NU Lviv Polytechnic||5 058 186||47 171 281||0:25:03|
|53||Дмитро Гринишин||Other School||5 058 186||47 171 281||95:10:21|
|54||Христина Дюг||Ivan Franko Lviv NU||9 602 136||42 272 784||63:32:16|
|55||Катерина Бахчеджи||Other School||0||0||0:00:00|
How to compete
- If you don't have an account at Algotester, go ahead and create one.
- Sign in using your username (or email address) and password.
- If you are new to Algotester go through our Help section in order to understand how the system works.
- Follow this link to register for the Grid Compression Contest, then select your contestant category (your school or "Professional") and click the "Register" button.
- When the contest starts read the problem description.
- For a quick start, check sample solutions for available programming languages: C++, Java, C#, Pascal, Python and F#.
- When ready submit your source code file or paste it into the embedded editor.
- All your attempts will be available on your contest submissions page.
- For announcements and Q&A go to the contest clarification page or use the contact form.
- The provisional competitor standings will be available to the public at the contest standings page.
- Read the problem description "Scoring" section for details on your submission evaluation.
- At your submissions page click a "Submission ID" link on the right and then go to the "Results" tab to see its details for each of the test cases.
- A test case result "Accepted" means that your solution has produced a valid output for this test case and received a corresponding score value, otherwise it failed to produce a valid solution within the given constraints.
- Your overall result is the maximum score of all your submissions and your penalty is the time elapsed since the contest start until you have recently improved your score.
- All competitors are sorted by the overall score (from larger to smaller) and then by the penalty time (from smaller to larger).
- When the contest is over the final testing will be triggered.
- The final results will be published within one week after the contest end.
- When the final results are published the top three eligible competitors can claim their prizes.
- In order to receive a prize, a winner has to provide a written report describing algorithms and data structures used in their solution.
- A notification email with detailed instructions will be sent to each of the winners.
Terms and Conditions
Your agreement to these terms and conditions
- 1.1 By registering for the competition, you accept these terms and conditions.
- 1.2 In these terms and conditions where we refer to the ‘Participant‘, we mean either an individual that has registered to enter the competition on its own behalf.
- 2.1 The competition aims to motivate research of Algorithmic Programming. It is run by Algotester (the "Organiser"), and the competition is sponsored by Huawei (the "Sponsor").
3.1 To be eligible to enter the competition, all Participants must
- 3.1.1 have an email address through which the Organiser can communicate with the Participant in connection with the competition;
- 3.1.2 be solely responsible for creating the competition submission.
- 3.2 Other than the requirements set out in clause 3.1 above, there is no restriction in nationality or residence status of any such Participants.
- 3.3 The Organiser’s employees, the employees of any company who are or were involved in creating or implementing the competition and their respective immediate family members, are excluded from participating in the competition.
- 3.4 In entering the competition, Participants confirm that they are eligible to do so and acknowledge that they may be required to provide proof of their eligibility to enter. The Organiser reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all Participants and to disqualify anyone who it determines (at its sole discretion) are not eligible. The Organiser also reserves the right to disqualify Participants if their conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the competition or they are in breach of any of these conditions.
- 3.5 Participation in the competition is free of charge and does not require the purchase of goods or services.
- 3.1 To be eligible to enter the competition, all Participants must
How to enter
- 4.1 The competition registration opens on 29-th May 2020. The Competition itself commences on June 1-st 2020 and ends at midnight on 14-th June 2020 (the "Deadline"). Any competition submission after the Deadline will be automatically rejected.
- 4.2 Participants can use any of the competition programming languages they wish. However, any cheating is not permitted and any such entries will be disqualified.
- 4.3 Participants are permitted to submit a maximum one entry per 10 minutes only to the competition.
- 4.4 The Organiser and Sponsor accept no responsibility for incomplete, incorrect, lost or delayed entries to the competition regardless of cause, including, for example, any malfunctions or failures in the Evaluation System, any equipment failure, technical malfunction or systems, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
Determination and notification of winners
- 5.1 The final ranking and the competition winners will be announced until midnight on 21-st June 2020.
6.1 The competition prizes are as listed below:
- First prize: Huawei P 40 Pro.
- Second prize: Huawei P 40.
- Third prize: Huawei Watch GT2 46mm.
- 6.2 The winners will be responsible for any taxes or charges incurred in claiming their respective prize.
- 6.3 The Organiser or Sponsor shall not be responsible or accept any liability in respect of the inability of a winner to take up a prize.
- 6.4 Prizes are subject to availability and the Organiser reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Organiser’s control make it necessary to do so.
- 6.5 The prize is not negotiable. Exchange of a prize or their transfer to other persons is excluded.
- 6.1 The competition prizes are as listed below:
Rights of Use
- 7.1 The Participant acknowledges that the Organiser and Sponsor’s Material is owned by the Organiser and Sponsor and that the Participant is only permitted to use, for the duration of the Competition only, the Organiser and Sponsor’s Material in order to test and submit entries to the competition.
- 7.2 The Participants agree to keep the Organiser and Sponsor’s Material confidential and shall not disclose them to any other individual or entity.
- 7.3 The Organiser acknowledges that the code created and used by the Participants submitted as a competition entry (the "Code") is owned by the submitting Participants.
- 7.4 The Participants warrant that the Code will not infringe any third party rights, including copyright and other intellectual property rights (e. g. patents, trademarks, design rights, know-how etc.) and that the Participants have the right to grant a license to the Organiser and Sponsor in accordance with clause 7.5.
- 7.5 The Participants hereby grant the Organiser and Sponsor a non-exclusive limited right to access and create copies of the Code, for the purpose of evaluating that the submission to enter the competition is valid and that it otherwise complies with these conditions.
- 7.6 The Participants hereby agree to give the Sponsor, for a period of 1 year from the date submitted its Code by the Participants on the Evaluation System, the exclusive right of first refusal to exploit the Code, on such terms as the Sponsor and the Participants may agree separately in writing.
- 7.7 If the Sponsor and the Participants cannot agree terms in connection with the Code within 3 months of the Sponsor first notifying the Participant that it would like to exploit the Code, then the Participants will be entitled to enter into negotiations and conclude an agreement with any third party with a view to such third party acquiring those rights provided that the Participants will not agree terms with any third party that are less favourable to the Participants than those which were proposed by the Sponsor.
Limitation of Liability
- 8.1 Insofar as is permitted by law, the Organiser and the Sponsor, and its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate a winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up a prize except where it is caused by the intentional behaviour of the Organiser or Sponsor, and its agents or distributors or that of their employees. A winner‘s statutory rights are not affected.
- 8.2 Participants acknowledge that the Organiser accepts no responsibility for any communications exchanged between Participants.
Data Protection and publicity
- 9.1 By entering into this competition, the Participants agree to provide their personal information which will be used and disclosed by the Organiser and its authorized agents for the purposes of competition administration and prize fulfilment.
- 9.2 Winners agree that the Organiser can use their name and photograph in promotional material in all formats worldwide, to publicise the winners of the competition, without any need or obligation to recompenses the Participants accordingly.
- 10.1 In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Organiser or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or technical) affects or could affect the proper operation of this competition or the awarding of prizes, the Organiser reserves the right to cancel or amend these conditions at any stage of this competition, but will endeavor to minimise the effect to Participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
- 10.3 These terms and conditions shall be governed by Ukrainian law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Ukraine.